< iStitch
Sunday 9 December 2012
Miniature Blue


Click on the picture for a closeup view



On November 14 I posted a picture that I found on Pinterest asking if anyone knew anything about the chart (I thought it was an old Sajou chart). At the same time I emailed Chizue at Country Village who very kindly replied to tell me that this was from the SAL Pochette de brodeuse ABCD'Air *here*. I quickly went to the link and found the chart I wanted and here it is stitched up 1*1 on 15 fils (38ct) antique white Gander linen with Soie Surfine 2652. You can see how fine this silk thread is! For the scissors enthusiast I purchased these on eBay.fr last year or was it earlier this year - I cannot remember! I have not decided what to do with this teeny stitching - maybe a needlecase or a small pillow?



Click on the collage for a closeup view



We live close to the beach so yesterday we took a walk along the promenade and, this time,  I actually remembered to take my camera along. I had no idea why the bicycle was on the beach but discovered that in the summer months there is a 'bike hire' place there. The last picture shows Deal Castle and The Queens, an upmarket apartment block that stands on the site of the old Queens Hotel, a beautiful Victorian hotel see *here* which was still standing when I was a child. It burned down sometime in April, 1981. I rather like this picture showing old and new side by side.



Click on the collage for a closeup view


Also on our walk we passed by the Deal Memorial Bandstand which commemorates the 11 Royal Marines that died in the IRA bombing at the Marine Barracks on September 22, 1989. The names of the marines are listed around the sides. During the summer there is a weekly concert held here and is a very popular way to spend a Sunday afternoon. 





And back to stitching ... Marsha of Everybody Love Clark recently sent me her stitched version of iStitch Designs 2010 Christmas freebie. It is stitched on a miscellaneous 40ct linen with Belle Soie silk threads. A very pretty finish - thank you Marshal for allowing me to share this here.

This free chart is available *here*


Thanks for visiting
Take care



Labels: , ,

 
|


14 Comments: