< iStitch
Tuesday 19 May 2009
A willow basket



Back in 2001 I was lucky enough to attend a CA Wells' Living Legacy weekend in Harwich Port, Cape Cod MA. One of the first classes was 'lining a basket' with Marcia Brown of The Binding Stitch. I had not lined a basket before and I was quite pleased with my first (and last) effort!


This is the cartouche that I stitched for the bottom of the basket. There were other items to go into the basket; a photo album with a stitched front cover and a slider purse. If you have never attended a CA class and get a chance - go for it as her classes are fun and you will learn a lot.


A group photo - are you there?


And now if you are of a nervous disposition , look away ...

... this is the scar I am left with on my right hand after my surgery and as you can see it's healed up nicely. My hand is still a little stiff at times and occasionally swells slightly, mostly when I've overdone it and, strangely enough, the weather affects it too! Now to get my eye sorted and I shall be as good as new. The date for this surgery is May 27 so not long to wait now. The wedding is on June 20 so I hope that I will not have too much of a black eye. Nicola has loaned me a great pair of Chanel sunglasses that not only match my dress but will add that air of mystery too!

I did pick up the Dutch Band Sampler last night but not enough progress to post a picture. Some of the beads and the lobster claws I ordered arrived this morning so as soon as the rest arrive, I will be making some more beaded scissor fobs. I will be having a fob giveaway shortly, so please come back if you don't want to miss out!

Thanks for visiting
Take care






Harwich Port on Dwellable

Labels: ,

 
|


18 Comments:


  • On 19 May 2009 at 12:02, Blogger Nina

    How super is this basket!! I love the color of this thread - what is this?
    I hope your hand will be okay soon!

    Hugs,
    Nina

     
  • On 19 May 2009 at 13:24, Blogger Lisa

    The basket is really beautiful and makes for a great keepsake from the class. I love the colors that were used! Your hand does look like it has healed nicely and I am sure with time the rest of the "issues" will lessen. Take care!
    Lisa

     
  • On 19 May 2009 at 13:53, Blogger WendyJo

    That basket is gorgeous Carol!

    Your hand has healed quite nicely!

    I am glad your eye surgery is scheduled and I am sure you will be looking pretty for the wedding in June :)

    Hugs to you

    Wendy Jo

     
  • On 19 May 2009 at 14:18, Anonymous Anonymous

    Are you standing at the back ?

    I am sure that in time, your scar won't show at all. Good job. But it must not have been easy to stitch.

    Can't wait to see you with your Chanel glasses on !

     
  • On 19 May 2009 at 17:05, Blogger Melissa

    I wish I was in that group. Looked like fun was had by all.

    The basket looks great! Your hand looks to be healing nicely. I hope you'll be back to your regular stitching speed soon. Take care.

     
  • On 19 May 2009 at 17:14, Blogger valerie

    Love the basket! Carol...I am starting to think you only wear black. Each photo I see you in one, you have black on! (I like black too though) Also funny to see Cathe from NiaH in your photo.

    Good to see your hand healing up nicely. Eye surgery coming up fast!! I think of you lots even though my emailing time and energy for it has diminished for the moment.

    ((Hugs))

     
  • On 19 May 2009 at 17:44, Blogger Karan

    What a lovely basket. One very neat scar - he did a good job. Taking Arnica tablets (from a Herbalist) before & after surgery should lessen bruising & swelling - took them when I had a 2nd wisdom tooth out & got over it much quicker than the first time. HTH. :0)

     
  • On 19 May 2009 at 18:04, Blogger Daffycat

    Great basket ~ well done!

    Your hand looks awesome for recent surgery. Best of luck with the next one on your eye...kinda scary there.

    Can't wait to see the fobs you come up with and a giveaway? Yay!

     
  • On 19 May 2009 at 19:24, Blogger Kim B

    Great basket! And your hand looks great.

     
  • On 19 May 2009 at 19:47, Blogger Michele

    what a wonderful basket! and I love the group picture .. you all were having a blast weren't ya :)

    glad to see you hand is healing nicely!

    ohhhhh can't wait to see your fobs :)

     
  • On 19 May 2009 at 21:00, Blogger Deb

    The basket is beautiful Carol. So, so nice. Looks like your hand has healed very nicely, but I understand about the weather affecting it. It's going to take some time before it's 100%, but hopefully it won't take too long. Good luck with your eye surgery. You're going to be a whole new person now!

     
  • On 19 May 2009 at 21:22, Blogger Theresa

    The basket is gorgeous!!!!!
    I'm glad to see your hand is healing quite well!!!

     
  • On 19 May 2009 at 23:10, Blogger Patricia Lessell

    I'm glad your hand is healing well but that basket is just absolutely gorgeous. I would so love to make one of those and maybe one day. You are such a great stitcher and finisher and both the way you lined the basket and the stitched piece at the bottom are totally perfect. Lots and lots of Love Patti xxx

     
  • On 19 May 2009 at 23:42, Blogger Deb

    Darling basket from CA, Carol. It's always great to see a finished workshop/class piece! So glad your hand is better with a good plastic surgeon hidden-type scar! I'm so sorry about your eye surgery. Those glasses can be a wonderful thing, however, especially at a wedding where you might want to watch people you'd rather not know you're watching them! LOL Love ya!

     
  • On 20 May 2009 at 18:31, Blogger Cindy F.

    Carol, I love your basket! I love the fabric and the floss colors and the finish!! Beautiful work!
    Happy your hand is healing nicely and I'll be thinking of you during your upcoming eye surgery.
    The sunglasses sound so chic;)
    Can't wait to see your beaded fob giveaway!!!

     
  • On 20 May 2009 at 22:32, Anonymous Anonymous

    wow you have been up to a lot.. the basket looks fantastic but looks fiddily... mmm... well done you... and the scar is looking nice and tidy... hope you dont get too much of a black eye... keeping fingers crossed goodluck..

     
  • On 25 May 2009 at 02:30, Blogger Rachel V

    Carol, this lined basket is gorgeous! I am glad you are doing better after your surgery. Your present to Yuko is stunning!

     
  • On 25 May 2009 at 23:53, Blogger lena-lou

    What a beautiful basket !

    I think your hand looks really neat and is healing well on the wound. Nearly time for the eye surgery so good luck for that :)

    Take care

    P.S. We had a red hot BH today then it pored with rain from about 6.15pm. Hope yours was good too ?